In today’s digital world, virtualization in IT infrastructure has gained importance and is being used currently by almost all IT industries. Undoubtedly, it can be said that VMware virtualization is a robust, reliable and proven virtualization platform that creates VMDK files. It also reduces capital and operational costs by increasing energy efficiency and requiring less hardware. In spite of all these advantages that the VMware application offers, the disadvantage is that the VMDK files are not immune to corruption issues. The VMDK files may get damaged due to corruption issues and also VMware error while powering on a Windows virtual machine may be encountered. At such situations the query arises as how to get rid of the error and resolve such corruption issues and its consequences.
VMware recovery software – Overview:
Error Encountered With VMDK Files
Sometimes when VMware application is run and VMDK files of virtual machine stored on the host machine are tried to access, it fails and an error message is encountered that says:
- Error: Error while powering on: The VMware Authorization Service is not running (1007131)
When powering on a virtual machine fails with the prompted error, “The VMware Authorization Service is not running”, definitely a permanent solution has to be found out before any other corruption issues affect the VMDK files and damage them. Before we fix this error which would else lead to heavy corruption issues and disastrous situations let us discuss the error message in detail.
Cause Of Error – This problem can occur when the VMware Authorization service is not running or when the service does not have administrative rights to access the VMDK files.
Resolution Of Error – To resolve this issue, the service should be started and ensured that service does have administrator rights. This can be easily resolved by VMware recovery software.
- To start the VMware Authorization service or to check whether it’s running, below mentioned steps can be followed:
- Login to Windows operating system as Administrator
- Click Start and type ‘Run’ in the search box
- Then type ‘services.msc’ and click OK
- Locate the VMware Authorization service
- Click ‘Start the service’, till the service status shows ‘started’
Note: The VMware Authorization service depends on Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service. This service must be in running mode as well. If the VMware Authorization service does not start, or starts and then stops, the WMI service should be located and started.
If VMware Authorization service shows a status of ‘Started’ then the service may not have administrative rights.
Note: This issue generally occurs with Windows Vista host machines, but can occur with other versions of Windows OS also.
- To provide administrative rights to the VMware Authorization service, following steps can be followed:
- If using Windows Vista or later versions, disable User Account Control (UAC). For disabling UAC in Windows Vista,7 or any other version, Microsoft article on how to use (UAC) in Vista and other versions can be referred
- Administrative rights should then be added to the Windows user account that runs the VMware Authorization service
- Uninstall VMware
- Reboot host machine and log in as local administrator and not as domain administrator
- At the end VMware can be reinstalled
But then the above procedure is difficult, time taking and may prove to be hazardous for people who do not have technical expertise. These things may also lead to a situation that data in VMDK files may get completely destroyed and hence become inaccessible forever. A steadfast solution should be provided to resolve any type of corruption issues in VMware VMDK files.
VMDK Recovery with Enhanced Tool
It is seen that the procedures mentioned fails sometimes as well as they are too complicated to be used and also is not always capable to resolve all corruption issues and errors. So it is better to make use of a commercial tool called VMware file recovery that helps to get rid of VMware error while powering on Windows virtual system. It is an apt tool that supports recovery of data from deleted, formatted as well as corrupted VMDK files.
Author Bio – The Company is one of the leading industries in the market. The Company has developed many data recovery solutions including VMDK recovery to get rid of VMware error while powering on Windows virtual system.
Summary – This post is all about VMware error while powering on Windows virtual machine, its cause and resolution. Through this article VMware VMDK data recovery tool is suggested for use to solve any kind of corruption issues in VMDK files.